GET successfully continues the development of projects in the field of Local Government, implementing Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI), in accordance with the INSPIRE Directive.
Two new Municipalities, the Municipality of Kalamata and the Municipality of Naxos and the Small Cyclades, are two new customers, who showed confidence in GET for the Development of the Geospatial Information Infrastructure of each Municipality, providing a modern electronic tool to both employees and professionals , as well as citizens.
The scope of the Projects is the modernization of the management of geospatial information, in order to support planning and decision making. The two projects initially focus on the organization of the existing geospatial information, the development of advanced web services for the dissemination of geoinformation to the public (citizens, professionals, engineers), but also the transfer of know-how to municipal staff in order to improve internal management workflows of geospatial data.
- the enrichment of digital systems with new content
- the development of new applications
- development of structures for interaction with users
- the provision of specialized / structured content
- providing support to services to meet users’ requests for corrective / complementary interventions
- expanding the base of internal users of the systems
- the sharing of data within the services of the Municipality and the creation of a common business image
The infrastructure will be implemented through an information system using free open source software (FOSS) and with advanced internet services, following standards and rules of interoperability.