GET offers a friendly, multidimensional and modern work environment in the field of Geo-Informatics. The company is governed by the rules of equal opportunities.
if you are interested in working with us, please send us your CV via fax or email which follow below.
GET encourages students, undergraduate and postgraduate, to contact us in order to support them for their thesis and projects or to work in GET during their internship.
OPEN CAREER POSITION:
Our firm, is looking for our premises in Athens, a qualified, but not necessarily experienced person, for the position of GIS Engineer. You will be helping to collect, check, organize, analyze and quantify spatial data to create Spatial Data Infrastructures by using Open Source Software.
Candidates must have strong computer and analytical skills and must be experienced with some of the software being utilized through our GIS implementation team (PostgreSQL/PostGIS, GeoServer, Geonetwork, Open Layers, GET SDI Portal, QGIS, CKAN). You should also possess strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, as you will be interacting with other team members, as well as clients. Prior experience in GIS Analysis is a bonus.
- Gathering, quantifying, and organizing data
- Construct web mapping services.
- Create/develop new or improved mapping and data analyzing software, tools, and applications
- Regularly produce reports pertaining to mapped data
- Oversee the data mining for map production
- Collaborate with state and local entities to increase the depth of data for more robust mapping systems
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Analytical and spatial awareness
- Prior experience on Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Technology
- Ability to work independently or in teams
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a study such as surveying engineering, computer science, geography, forestry or Earth science.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working as GIS Engineer
WEB DEVELOPER GEOSPATIAL ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES (www.getmap.eu), seeks for a Web developer in order to be part of the application development team. Duties Application development and documentation Users’ requirements analysis Qualifications: Degree in Informatics or Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering or equivalent Good knowledge of javascrpit and network technologies Good knowledge of PHP, html, CSS, XML Familiar with database management systems and SQL Additional qualifications: Knowledge of Python or/and Android will be an asset Knowledge and experience in Geographic Information Systems will be an important asset