GET (www.getmap.eu) offers a friendly, multidimensional and modern work environment in the field of Geo-Informatics. The company is governed by the rules of equal opportunities. If you are interested in working with us as Web Developer please send us your CV via email [email protected]
About our team
You will be joining a small team of developers which is working on desktop, web and mobile applications where maps are usually the core of all our solutions. We build innovative and agile products around modern technologies to create extraordinary user experiences for our customers. They are able to innovate and provide, modern public mapping enabled services that are interoperable by default; inclusive and accessible; open and transparent; trustworthy and secure. Our solutions leverage the transformative, innovative, and collaborative power of open source and open data, encouraging the sharing and reuse of software solutions, knowledge, expertise and data, to deliver better services that enrich society and focus on lowering costs to that society.
We develop among others transactional systems, cultural management solutions, mobile data collection apps, IoT integration and API development. All are used in Local, Regional and National government agencies, private industry or through European and Greek R & D funded projects.
If you join our team you will love working with maps!
What will you do
- Write maintainable, testable, efficient software modules
- Design and develop modules to extend our WebGIS platform and/or standalone apps
- Assess and make program modifications and implement features and enhancements
- Determine project scope and specifications by gathering user, system, and functional requirements. Understand and analyze dependencies and design software around those needs.
- Create and follow development plan, provide timeline
- Perform continuous testing and ensure quality assurance throughout the development life cycle
- Perform system administration on web server hardware and software
- Provide support for developed applications
- Collaborate with other developers to create standards and document processes.
What is required
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent degree
- Good understanding of software design patterns and best practices
- Strong (3+ years) experience in PHP
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and responsive Web Authoring
- Experience in consuming HTTP web services / REST APIs
- Working knowledge of relational database systems and SQL
- Experience with git
- Strong communication skills and ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Fluency in Greek and English (verbal and written)
What else would be nice to have
- Experience in Linux OS
- Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Python working knowledge
- Team player spirit with excellent communication skills
You will be an excellent fit for our team if you are
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Eager to work with leading-edge technologies
- Reliable and dedicated professional with clear thinking and strong attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and meeting deadlines in sometimes challenging situations
- Able to multitask and thrive in a dynamic environment as well as balance and prioritize activities to ensure critical items are addressed
What we offer
- A competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills
- Exciting technology development within a team of passionate, highly skilled, and inspiring colleagues.