The National Observatory of Electromagnetic Fields has as an objective the reliable and continuous monitoring the limits of exposure in electromagnetic fields, as these are modified by the legislation. Its operation is based on the network of stable and mobile electromagnetic radiation measurements which guarantees the direct (on-line) access of the public into measurements results. The Observatory’s operation is based on:
• the installation and operation of 500 stable measurements stations covering all the country
• the operation of 13 mobile stations (over specially modified vehicles), one in each Region of the country
• the creation and operation of measurement data collection and editing center
• the creation of an interconnection network of measurement stations with data center.
• Geographical Information System development for mapping measurement stations and measurement results.
• Web Portal for measurement data disposal
GET in cooperation with DRAXIS implemented the Geographical Information System (database, mapping services implementation, web application).