GET participated, as AMCO‘s partner, at the project “Innovative System for saving resources and fuels as well as for optimization of waste collection for Ioannina Municipality”.
The project concerned:
• Fleet management and monitoring focusing on the decrease of operational costs and the best customer service.
• Supply control regarding fuel consumption and monitoring the process of fuels supply from fuels stations.
• RFID and dynamic report regarding garbage weight during the collection process.
The project will update the existing services of the Municipality offering several advantages such as:
• Use and routing optimization
• More efficient routing monitoring
• Weighting waste during collection
• Collection service verification
• Economy of scale (reducing fuels, person-hours, maintenance etc)
• Pollutant reduction
• Time, energy and money saving
GET implemented and completed successfully development and customization of decision making and routing application as well as environmental impacts diffusion