Spatial Data Infrastructure for Cholargos – Papagos Municipality
Name: Cholargos Papagos Municipality
Cholargos – Papagos Municipality investing in new technologies in order to improve citizens’ every day life has now a Spatial Data Infrastructure in order to be a modern smart city providing free applications and open data to residents and professionals. The SDI is in compliance with the INSPIRE Directive.
GET developed and implemented Spatial Data Infrastructure of Cholargos Papagos Municipality. The project concerned the development of applications and geospatial dataweb services based on open standard, which are the interface of the SDI. The SDI is in compliance to the INSPIRE Directive requirements.
In summury, work tasks completed by GET are:
- Geospatial data preparation
- Geospatial Database development
- Users roles identification
- Creation of Publication database
- Metadata creation, update, transformation
- Development of search, view, download, transformation, update services
- GeoPortal developments
- Training and technical support services
For the implementation of the project Free and Open Source Software was used and customized.
- Quantum GIS (QGIS)
- Geonetwork Opensource
- GET SDI Portal